Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Convince me to cancel my XB1 preorder and purchase a PS4

I've pretty much decided to get a PS4 instead, but I'd appreciate some good arguments to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

GF Member
    You can add me on PSN and we can have games of stuff!

All seriousness though I haven't played much of the Xbox One, maybe a couple of hours at a mates place so I can't really give the two consoles a big comparison.

When I was making the big decision between the heavyweights, I referred to the console wars website which they made a really great in depth analyst of the two and the PS4 came out way on top. Hope it helps!

Is the PS4 available in Norway now? If yes, I would go for it.

The consoles will be more or less similar in a year or so, judging by the last gen.

If its just out and out gaming your interested in when it comes to consoles, then think of the exclusives. Me personally, the only Exclusives I can think of on XB that I enjoyed was Halo.

It is also a good idea to go with whatever your friends have, despite going with the PS4 this time, and thinking I've made the right choice, I would have just got the XB1 if my friends did, as If I'm not playing a online game with them, I tend to be sat in a party with them. So that is a decisive point for me.

Thanks, I'll definitely check out the link when I get back from work

In your experience, how are the PS4 bumpers? The XB1 bumpers were really uncomfortable for me, I had to put my fingertips at the outer edge of the bumpers, and it felt really weird.

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

You mean the R1 R2 buttons etc? They seem fine, I found the pads really comfortable even after holding the 360's for so long.

I'd hold my PS4 pad now and give you a better review, but I'm currently waiting for a replacement controller. I would recommend you get some thumstick covers though, the rubber on them seems to rip after a couple of months. I picked up a two pairs of covers for £2 from Ebay, and they worked fine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I've pretty much decided to get a PS4 instead, but I'd appreciate some good arguments to do so.

Better yet, save that money and build yourself a decent PC, or at least wait until one of those consoles has a decent library of games, which won't be until maybe a year or two down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanesis View Post
    Better yet, save that money and build yourself a decent PC, or at least wait until one of those consoles has a decent library of games, which won't be until maybe a year or two down the line.
    I much prefer console gaming personally, and a PC on equal performance levels as a PS4 would probably cost me at least 3 times as much.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    I much prefer console gaming personally, and a PC on equal performance levels as a PS4 would probably cost me at least 3 times as much.
    It's almost worth it just to stick it to the overly l33t PC GAMING MASTERRACE people
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

I refer you to this article and many others like it http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...a-next-gen-pc/

You're not going to need to spend thousands to play the next gen games, at least if you don't play some of them at max graphics settings, which is something you shouldn't really be bothered about anyway. When it comes to the console exclusives, I know it depends on your personal opinions but there really isn't anything on either of them worth buying a console for, at least not yet.