Thread: Mario Kart 8

Mario Kart 8

Didn't see a thread on it already so thought I might as well start one, Sorry if there's already a thread.

Anyhoo who's excited for Mario Kart 8? I'm moderately excited, it's probably going to be as good as before, until I find the online's going to be terrible, like 7. Although I've heard some pretty good review scores from it.

I have it pre-ordered already so if anyone would like to play it with me on release I'll be down for that.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Think i'll have to get the special edition with the blue shell
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

I am extremely excited for Mario Kart 8 as there was so much hype before the release. Also, I kept watching those new trailers for the game that Nintendo uploaded, which made me excited even further. And after beating all the cups in Mario Kart Wii, I am now wanting to play some more Mario Kart! As for the reviews go, everybody loves the game and says it's way more improved and fair with the new features. But they all say that the battle is **** as the arenas are just the courses in regular racing and that the new characters aren't that innovative. If you found the online for Wii to be excellent, then imagine the possibilites of online for 8. That's all I have to say about this awesome game; I can't wait for Super Smash Bros. 4!

So, it's been out for a few days now. Thoughts?

I like it. Not the best Mario Kart I've played but there's still a lot to love about it. The Anti-gravity mechanic doesn't feel too shoehorned in and unlike the Underwater and Gliding mechanics the anti-gravity does give the game a new feel. The game looks pretty gorgeous and runs at a outstanding frame rate both offline and online.

But what's stopping me from making it my favourite is the terrible cast of unlockable characters bar a few and how the Grand Prix seems to offer no reward for those who get 3 Stars in every cup. It wouldn't bother me so much if there was a reward for obtaining 3 Stars in every cup since Mario Kart Wii, so why stop here?

I was thinking about buying Mario Kart 8 the other day but I passed on it instead. To be honest I've largely passed on the recent Mario Kart titles, the last one I purchased was Mario Kart DS, the things I heard about Mario Kart Wii drove me a way from it, and when the 3DS title came out I just wasn't in a racing mood I guess. Some of the new tracks in Mario Kart 8 look pretty cool though. I might pick it up down the road at a later time.