PSN down due to DDoS attack

PSN has been offline to day, supposedly due to a DDoS attack. Sony has stated that it's in no way comparable to the 2011 outage, and that no personal information has been stolen.

Link to full Joystiq article: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/24/ps...o-ddos-attack/

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

It's pretty shitty. I don't know the motives behind it, but I'm assuming that it's just some people being dicks. But just say, hypothetically speaking, that it was because they're making some kind of statement by attacking a big company like Sony (for whatever reason), it's dumb that an EXCELLENT and FREE game like Path of Exile was targeted as well.

Banned
    Good thing my PS3 hasn't been turned on in about six weeks.

Pity they hit Path of Exile as well though, I kinda dig that game.

The Last True Gamer JudgeYohance's Avatar
    I will never understand doing something like this. Why attack a game network? It accomplished nothing but pissing off the game community...oh yeah and Sony too I am sure

Seriously though, I will never understand the motives of a Ddos attack. It does nothing for the long term, it annoys for the short and people start looking for you when you do it. It's like throwing eggs at a window as far as I can tell and about as worthwhile.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, beat him with a fish and you have a youtube clip that lasts a lifetime."
    "He came out of the caves and declared, I AM YOHANCE, Hunter of SPAM!"
    GIFSoup

Sony have always had a problem with there system been hacked they should of had some better security from last time when ever ones account details got leaked

I desgin (GFX)

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildeggy View Post
    Sony have always had a problem with there system been hacked they should of had some better security from last time when ever ones account details got leaked
    it's not been hacked, just some silly kids ddos'd them. It's back up now anyway.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids