Games with gold - (xbox one)

Did anyone download the freebies that September had to offer? Super time force and Crimson Dragon
    Neither games looked partically interesting to me. I had a browse at the video uploads but meh! Not my thing.

Wonder what the next freebies will be!

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viixen View Post
    Did anyone download the freebies that September had to offer? Super time force and Crimson Dragon
    Neither games looked partically interesting to me. I had a browse at the video uploads but meh! Not my thing.

Wonder what the next freebies will be!
    I did!

Crimson Dragon is just an on-rails shooter. From what i can gather, the progression/upgrade system is the main draw, but i found the gameplay itself to be rather dull and stopped immediately after the prologue.

Super Time Force, though, is a lot of fun.

Admittedly it looks awful, but the ability to die, go back in time, and then effectively save yourself from whatever killed you, is a really fun game mechanic. You don't even need to die to go back in time. Some enemies have a lot of health, so the idea is you rewind after attacking it with one character, choose another character (or the same one if you like) and then attack it again, adding their firepower to the previous character's.

It's quite a confusing game, but a lot of fun.

Next month's Xbox One game is 'Chariot'. Sort of a physics-based puzzle/platformer. It looks pretty interesting. Though the best Xbox One freebie so far is definitely Guacamelee.

Ohh okay, I guess I instantly brushed those two aside because I didnt like the 'cover' and the 30 second game clips I saw (that is really bad because I work in a library and spend all my time telling my Reading Groups to give certain genres a chance and not judge etc)

Chariot though, sounds interesting! I think i'll def give that a download/go.

Thanks for that! ^
    Last edited by Viixen; 27-09-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: error

What were the games for October i havent checked yet?

As said above one of the games released is Chariot! Which I downloaded but havent given it alot of time yet,.

Not too sure about the others yet, although I have seen that Project Spark is free atm?

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Project Spark is a total freebie. It'll always be available to download at no cost.

Although there are DLC packs that contain more assets you use in your own creations. Micro-transactions abound, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by YesConsiderably View Post
    Project Spark is a total freebie. It'll always be available to download at no cost.

Although there are DLC packs that contain more assets you use in your own creations. Micro-transactions abound, unfortunately.
    Oo thanks Val. Will get that downloaded.