Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GF Member

Completing older games (GTA IV map problem specifically)

Hi,

General question, if online information for completing some games is taken down, does that mean there literally is a limited timeline in which to complete games?

More specifically, the GTA IV interactive maps seem to have gone from the Internet, so I can't complete GTA IV and Gay Tony... What do I do?

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    I've never played GTA IV yet, so I'm not entirely sure. Can you explain what you mean a bit more? There's an interactive map online (or isn't anymore), but what does it say on the map exactly?
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

GF Member
    Without the map it would be pretty impossible to find the pigeons needed for 100% completion. There are 200 of them, and some of them are pretty well hidden. The map also has photos of the pigeons in situ.

Samde with stunt jumps etc, even those would be tricky without the map.

GF Member
    Without the map it would be pretty impossible to find the pigeons needed for 100% completion. There are 200 of them, and some of them are pretty well hidden. The map also has photos of the pigeons in situ.

Samde with stunt jumps etc, even those would be tricky without the map.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    They still make paper copies of guides. It might be difficult to find one years after a game's release, but you'd probably be able to find what you need on Ebay or something.

Alternatively, just find the collectibles the old-fashioned way. To say that a game can't be completed because you have to do all the work yourself strikes me as a little silly.

GF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YesConsiderably View Post
    Alternatively, just find the collectibles the old-fashioned way. To say that a game can't be completed because you have to do all the work yourself strikes me as a little silly.
    Have you actually done the pigeon challenge in GTA IV? Without the map??

How did you find the Star Junction pigeon? Or the one where you have to be on a specific tall boat and sail into a specific little nook and even then you can't see it without jumping onto a ledge? The one on the roller coaster at Hove Beach? Some of the ones where you can only get there by helicoptor and landing on a specific building or bridge pillar?

170 of them you could probably find by spending months trawling the streets (took me a month even with the map), but there are 10-20 of them that would be virtually impossible. GTA is big, it's not like playing Crysis where you follow a path...

Not quite as handy as an interactive map, but there are video guides on Youtube

As long as you just go though every location in the same order as the videos, it should be pretty doable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

GF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Not quite as handy as an interactive map, but there are video guides on Youtube

As long as you just go though every location in the same order as the videos, it should be pretty doable.
    Thanks, not a bad plan!

yeah i think your best bet is youtube. i dont think people really do game guides any other way anymore.
    Check out my Youtube channel!
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter!
    @BearSquidMan

Hi!

Our new game project - http://bestgamesdeals.com/

Take part in our action.
    https://www.facebook.com/15498444786...type=1&theater

Main prize of the competition is PlayStation Vita Console Bundle - Borderlands 2 - Limited Edition*