Game that Changed Your Life + Why

Hello everyone!

I am extremely new to the forum here but I had a topic for everybody to mull over.
    Almost everyone remembers that one game that left you forever changed.
    You still remember the first five minutes of utter amazement like you played it yesterday..

For me, that game was Starfox for Nintendo 64. Although it wasn't the greatest game I ever played, flying in space and doing barrel rolls per Peppy Hare's requests blew my mind.
    Although I was pretty young at the time, I'm not sure I would have my pilot's license now without that game.

What are some of your experiences with games changing your life?

-Penny D

I guess one of the most important games in my life has to be Crash Bandicoot 2, because it's pretty much the game that turned me into a gamer. 2 decades later, and I've never looked back. Even got Crash himself tattooed on my leg a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Totally most important game in my life was World of Warcraft. I've played it for 4 years. I was very good at it, best PVE warrior of my ali and in top 20 pvp 2v2 teams. When I started to study at the university, first semester was easy for me and good for WoW (because I was playing) But in second semester, I failed some important exams, so I've decided to stop playing this addictive game. Now I haven't played for 3 years, I am finishing at the university, got the job, own a flat with my girlfriend and have fun in other ways than playing games like that.

Metal Gear Solid - the game that turned me from a casual to committed gamer.
    Final Fantasy VII - changed everything, got me into RPG's and never looked back.
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City - need I say more, open world and 80's, absolute game changer.
    COD4 - My first real FPS I enjoyed and played competitively online.
    Mass Effect - story+shooting+space = sold.

Metal Gear Solid - the game that turned me from a casual to committed gamer.
    Final Fantasy VII - changed everything, got me into RPG's and never looked back.
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City - need I say more, open world and 80's, absolute game changer.
    COD4 - My first real FPS I enjoyed and played competitively online.
    Mass Effect - story+shooting+space = sold.

Quote Originally Posted by ketysek View Post
    Totally most important game in my life was World of Warcraft. I've played it for 4 years. I was very good at it, best PVE warrior of my ali and in top 20 pvp 2v2 teams. When I started to study at the university, first semester was easy for me and good for WoW (because I was playing) But in second semester, I failed some important exams, so I've decided to stop playing this addictive game. Now I haven't played for 3 years, I am finishing at the university, got the job, own a flat with my girlfriend and have fun in other ways than playing games like that.
    That is interesting, ketysek! I didn't expect anyone's game to influence them to slow down/stop playing but I totally understand the situation. Glad to hear that it led to your great situation now! Keep up the good work!

Yes. Game can change our life. But to much is bad. I am a crazy game lover

For me would be Resident evil 1 for PSX. I was about 13 at the time. I was into video games (nes, snes, gameboy) but not anything special, but after seeing PSX and Resident evil 1 i felt like "Ok now this is something i love"

Till today i think that this game change or at least added something to my mind that i cant figure it out yet And i still get very exited when i see even pictures of this game.

Gotta be sonic on the megadrive. Loved that game, still do tbh!

Thanks Boss!
    And thanks Eclair- without whom this image would be tiny

Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos - I've replayed it more than ten times, in difficult periods of my life. It always was taking over my depression, to start thinking rationally.