Getting an Xbox One, have a question

Tomorrow, my Xbox One should be arriving in the mail, and I was wondering, will it download game updates automatically while in standby (Instant-On) mode? If it does, does it require an Xbox Live Gold subscription to download game updates while in standby (Instant-On)? That's one of the things that's irritated me about the PS4, in that to download game updates while in Rest Mode, I need a Playstation Plus subscription.

You don't need live to auto update, you just need to make sure your Xbox is in 'instant on' mode and that you tick the 'Automatically download updates and purchases'. Your Xbox will NOT download updates automatically while it is on so you need to make sure that it is turned off or that you set it to turn off after a set period of time of inactivity.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    You don't need live to auto update, you just need to make sure your Xbox is in 'instant on' mode and that you tick the 'Automatically download updates and purchases'. Your Xbox will NOT download updates automatically while it is on so you need to make sure that it is turned off or that you set it to turn off after a set period of time of inactivity.
    Cool, thanks for the answer!