About the Mad Max game

I really enjoyed Mad Max, but I didn't go back to it after having finished the story. To be fair, that took me roughly 30 hours with a lot of mindless driving around and a few side quests. The one thing that bothered me was the character of Max himself. He's incredibly unlikable and makes some straight up stupid choices that you have no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Has it got anything to do with the movies Anders? Or the new Mad Max Fury Road?

Looks like they've adapted the work they did on Shadow of Mordor for this, which isn't a bad thing. Probably pick it up cheap next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenesix View Post

Looks like they've adapted the work they did on Shadow of Mordor for this, which isn't a bad thing. Probably pick it up cheap next year.

As far as I can tell it has pretty much nothing to do with the movies, but I haven't seen the original or Road Warrior in years. Don't think I've ever even seen Beyond Thunderdome, but I don't think it ties into Fury Road either. The character of Max isn't made to look like either Tom Hardy or Mel Gibson.

It does remind me a lot of Shadow of Mordor with the combat being very similar and you having to take out leaders and such. I definitely had fun with it and you should pick it up when it drops in price.

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenesix View Post

As far as I can tell it has pretty much nothing to do with the movies, but I haven't seen the original or Road Warrior in years. Don't think I've ever even seen Beyond Thunderdome, but I don't think it ties into Fury Road either. The character of Max isn't made to look like either Tom Hardy or Mel Gibson.

It does remind me a lot of Shadow of Mordor with the combat being very similar and you having to take out leaders and such. I definitely had fun with it and you should pick it up when it drops in price.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I liked it a lot, and think that the developers did a couple of really clever things with the game.

Firstly, i think it's one of the best takes on the freeflow combat system Rocksteady invented. In the Batman games, when you start a fight the camera pans out to give a wider view of the battlefield. In Mad Max, it closes in. You can't block what you can't see, and often an enemy will attack from just outside your view. It made it feel more like a brawl.

Secondly, the smoke and dust than bellowed from any point of interest. As you clear conveys and strongholds, this actually dissipates, leaving a more peaceful looking horizon. I thought that was a really cool way of visually rewarding the player for doing things.

I also really loved the storms. It felt as though you were whisked away to LV 426, with the purple skies, howling wind and constant lightning.

The game could have done with a few more story missions though. I'd say about 70 percent of the content is side-stuff, which is way too much. Still, an enjoyable enough 30 hours.

I was insanely excited for the Mad Max video-game, especially after watching the terrific Fury Road film. However, the moment I booted it up, I felt an uneasy displeasure in it. The game-play mechanics felt restrictive and limited, and as a whole, it felt like a watered down version of Shadows of Mordor to me, which, in itself, felt like an inferior Arkham video-game. It wasn't terrible, and overall, as far as playability is concerned, it might even be above-average, but without a particularly enjoyed narrative, I found myself disinterested with it.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.