Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS2 Games on the PS4

Im excited by this, I hope they release some classics like Kingdom Hearts. I want Haunting Ground but I doubt theyd release that!
    FF7 though!

Just give me a Sly Cooper collection, Jak & Daxter collection and Ratchet & Clank collection, and I'm in! I already own the latter one for Vita, but I would probably buy it again for PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    It's good that they're there, but the price is ridiculous, €14.99 for me, although I wouldn't argue about that price for Rogue Galaxy, considering how pricey that usually is.

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    It's good that they're there, but the price is ridiculous, 14.99 for me, although I wouldn't argue about that price for Rogue Galaxy, considering how pricey that usually is.

I really don't think I'm gonna pay 15 for PS2 games I already own. I might as well hook up my old PS2 and play Spider-Man 2 and Simpsons: Hit & Run the proper way.

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

wait you have to pay for them?! I assumed this was like backward compatibility like the Xbox One has just begun? Thats outrageous... they should at least be like max 2.99 each ofr a digital copy now surely?

I just checked on my PS4 and translated from Norwegian currency the games range from roughly €9 to €14, but they might be differently priced in other countries. I didn't see anything interesting apart from GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas, all of which I have on my Android tablet, where they cost about a third of what they do on the PS4.

Also, can I just add how awful the Playstation Store is on the PS4? It feels really clunky and hard to navigate. If you go into the "Games" menu and navigate (very slowly) all the way to the right, you have to go all the way back to the left to access the menu again! The O button just makes you go one step back to the left. Absolutely stupid design.

I just checked on my PS4 and translated from Norwegian currency the games range from roughly 9 to 14, but they might be differently priced in other countries. I didn't see anything interesting apart from GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas, all of which I have on my Android tablet, where they cost about a third of what they do on the PS4.

Also, can I just add how awful the Playstation Store is on the PS4? It feels really clunky and hard to navigate. If you go into the "Games" menu and navigate (very slowly) all the way to the right, you have to go all the way back to the left to access the menu again! The O button just makes you go one step back to the left. Absolutely stupid design.

I found it strange that PS are releasing 'remasters' of PS2 games on PS4. A lot of remastered/original PS2 games are available on PS3, thought it would make more sense to bring PS3 games to PS4 via the store. But that's just me. Personally, the whole last gen backwards compatibility needs to go. Its time to take full potential of the next gen consoles, specifically for next gen original games and/or last gen game sequels
    It's simple; Kill all the bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I just checked on my PS4 and translated from Norwegian currency the games range from roughly €9 to €14, but they might be differently priced in other countries. I didn't see anything interesting apart from GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas, all of which I have on my Android tablet, where they cost about a third of what they do on the PS4.

I'm with you on this. When I used it on PS3 it took forever to load into it, and experience all the clunkyness you described. Was disappointed when it was still the same on PS4.
    It's simple; Kill all the bad guys