Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Returning Members

I'm just curious as it's been a while since I actually posted here, but how many members still frequent here on a regular (perhaps weekly) basis?

SUCK IT NOOB

It doesn't seem like a lot, although I've only been back for a couple of days and haven't really been that active. Its a shame but it seems to be like that for a lot of forums, all the ones I look at are either quite small and slowly dying or have way too many members for me.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I think that most of us were AWOL for months and months.

I started checking in again, infrequently, a couple of months ago... but i'd definitely like to be more active. It does seem that activity is picking up a little.

Kiddong The Moxking Midnight Panda's Avatar
    I would love to make a comeback! I miss all the Brits I used to game with.

I usually have the forum open in my browser at all times, and try to post as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    I'm still active, I just don't post too often anymore, as there's normally little discussion, and I don't really play enough games anymore to start discussion.

Such a shame though, I've been here for like seven years and I still love this place.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

i'm trying to make a comeback but its tough as its usually only me, Sansom and Yes Considerably discussing Batman on and off!

Also attempting to ramp up interest in a forum twitch feed which could be banter, we used to have some good Left 4 Dead sessions back in the day.

I check for forum posts that might interest me every day but most of the time I just take a quick look and then do all my other website checkups.

I suppose I could try to start some sort of discussion or some other contribution but the forum is so "empty" now and there's other sites I frequent instead that it just seems almost pointless to me, which sucks to admit because this site was great when it was more active but stuff just happens and lives go on. I'm sure a lot of the members who were around when I was fresh to the site have gotten older and found less time for this place, or even just games altogether because of work or whatever. As for new members some people would rather go on the site with the most people so they have some slim chance of getting noticed by hundreds/thousands of other members and get some sort of recognition than join a small community with it's cliques and all that comes with that.

I'll be damn sad when admin decides to stop paying for the domain or whatever, whenever that will be. I remember someone on here saying a few years ago that he said he still makes enough money from the site to keep it running but with how many massive alternatives there are to the old forum format to discuss the same **** these days I can't see it doing well and can see it closing at the most within the next couple of years. Whatever happens though I'll keep clicking the gamesforum bookmark in my browser every day just in case something neat pops up because it was a good page in my internet life that hasn't ****ed off or closed down yet like so many other internetty things that have over the years.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenesix View Post
    i'm trying to make a comeback but its tough as its usually only me, Sansom and Yes Considerably discussing Batman on and off!

Also attempting to ramp up interest in a forum twitch feed which could be banter, we used to have some good Left 4 Dead sessions back in the day.
    It'd be great if we all had the same console again or something, or all had access to a decent PC.

To be fair, my new laptop got delivered today so I could do some twitching or something on some games if it's on pc
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

I've actually recently purchased a new PC, it's currently being built and I'm waiting for it to be dispatched to me, with any luck it'll be with me sometime early February.

I still play with Hyunshi/Saigo/Alex on Xbox now and again, mainly on Destiny and some other games and we still do generally have a good time.

It's sad to see our little community slowly get smaller but, maybe we could bring a bit of life back to the forum with a twitch channel, or by plugging it.

SUCK IT NOOB