Dementia in Family members?

Hi all, so the reason I haven't been around much is because my Nan has developed Dementia with Lewy Bodies.

Its been a really tough 1/2 years for me because she has deteriorated so fast I feel some times like Ive already lost her/mourned for her.

Shes in Respite at the moment and hopefully shell be in her new care home in a week or so.

Has anyone ever gone through Dementia with a friend/member of the family?

I'm sorry, that sounds horrible Vix

I'm lucky enough to not have experienced it first hand. It might sound awful, but in one way I hope my grandma passes away before her mind starts fading away. I'd rather remember her that way. She always tells me "As long as I still believe I'm sane, I'll be happy"

EDIT: Missed an important "not"
    Last edited by Anders; 03-07-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Yeah it is hard Anders!

I just hate people laughing or staring at her when I take her out

I haven't, though there's a lovely old woman who shops where I work who suffers from it. I try to make extra effort in helping her with whatever she needs, because she doesn't seem to have any family or friends available to help her out with basic things like shopping. But she is absolutely the nicest woman I've ever met and when she's not going through one of the 'phases' (is that what they're called?) she's a total riot.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    My mother was a Schizophrenic and my brother too, but he seems to manage it quite well, her on the other hand I'm sure also suffered with manic depression so it was harder for her to deal with. It was difficult, especially when people made or she'd come off her meds and do something outrageous.