Thread: Pokemon Go

Pokemon Go

Even though it's not technically not out in Europe, I have been spending a lot of time the last few days just wandering around town chasing Pokemon, and I'm having an absolute blast. It really takes me back to my childhood. Has anyone else gotten into it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

I'm level 4, because holy **** it drains battery/credit quickly (I'm an old-type who doesn't do contracts ;D). I'm displeased by their requirement of having the game at the forefront. Like, if you lock your screen? Steps don't count. Don't have it selected as the current on-screen app? Nothing counts.

Like, I had it on with me at work last night, continually tapping my screen in my pocket to ensure it stayed live. It killed my battery from 100% (35 hours remaining according to the battery scan) down to 33% in a single 5-hour shift. That was with 'battery-saver mode' enabled.

The GPS seems pretty hit and miss, too. I keep getting screwed by pokéstops not registering because the GPS decides to throw me 3 streets away, because why not.

Edit: Also, my place of work is apparently a gym, and is currently held by an 899 Vaporeon. F to the uckthat.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    My battery's taking a beating, too. Went out last night with it on, had to turn it off after a few hours.

shame, got a 10k egg, be a while to hatch it.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Ride the Walrus View Post
    My battery's taking a beating, too. Went out last night with it on, had to turn it off after a few hours.

shame, got a 10k egg, be a while to hatch it.
    You really can't go out and play without bringing a power bank. I always carry one anyways because I'm a huge dork, but I bring a longer USB cable when I go specifically to play.

I am however very annoyed that the nearby feature hasn't been working for nearly a week though. The servers are finally pretty stabel, but the fact that you can't really actively hunt Pokemon is making the game significantly less fun to play at the moment.

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

I've been encountering an issue with even loading the app if I'm not connected to a wifi connection. Like, I have my phone's 3G enabled, but the app stops at the first bar of the loading screen and just sits there. Loads fine if I'm at home though.

Screw this game, I'm just gonna emulate the old Pokémon games instead.

Also I broke my avatar here, rip me.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    30 people hunting a blastoise in the park near me the other day, it was a heck of a sight. Everyone caught it but me; my game crashed
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

I don't think I've encountered a game crash in the last 4 or 5 days, which is fantastic. Now if they could just fix the 3 step tracker thing I'd be really happy.